Terms and Conditions of Use – The Container Store
Our Site containerstore.com is operated by The Container Store, Inc. on an "as is" and "as available basis." All of the "Content" (including images, illustrations, graphics, trademarks, logos, video clips, audio clips, page headers, text, button icons, downloads, Site design, software, and all data coding and compilations) we post on our Site is intended for informational purposes only without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title, implied merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose.
By browsing or using any content transmitted from containerstore.com, or any subdomain within containerstore.com ("Site"), you agree to the terms and conditions as described below, including any subsequent changes that may be made from time to time. If you do not agree to these terms or any subsequent modification, kindly do not use, browse or otherwise access this Site. Instead, please visit one of our stores or call our organizational experts toll-free at 1-800-733-3532.
We reserve the right to change any Content provided on our Site and these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time, without notice and at our sole discretion and without prior notification.
- Errors and Inaccuracies with Products
- Return Policy
- Gift Cards and Merchandise Credit Cards
- User Comments, Ratings and Feedback
- Use of Web Site
- External Links and Third Party Content
- Violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use
- Dispute Resolution
Errors and Inaccuracies with Products
We strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information through our Site. However, occasionally there may be Content that contains inaccuracies, omissions, or typographical errors in product descriptions, promotional details, pricing, offers or availability. As such, we reserve the right to correct these types of errors without notice and to deny or cancel any order if such Content was inaccurate or omitted when the order was placed.
We also make every effort to display accurate photographs or illustrations of our products. Because of the wide variance of computer monitors and printers, we are unable to guarantee that the image you see will exactly match the product you receive. If you are not satisfied with the product you purchased, please return it in accordance with our Return Policy.
Gift Cards and Merchandise Credit Cards
- Gift CardsAll Gift Cards purchased from this Site are issued by TCS Card Services, LLC and are deemed to have been purchased in the State of Virginia. They are redeemable for merchandise at any of The Container Store locations, this Site or by phone at 1-800-733-3532. Gift Cards are non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash (except where required by law) and may not be used for the purchase of installation or delivery. We will not replace the remaining value on a lost, stolen, or damaged Gift Card unless presented with the original receipt. For balance inquires, please click here. All Gift Cards will be honored until fully redeemed..
- Merchandise Credit CardsWhen making a return without an original receipt, you will be issued a Merchandise Credit Card which is redeemable for merchandise at any of The Container Store locations, this Site or by phone at 1-800-733-3532. Merchandise Credit Cards are non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. These cards are not redeemable for cash and may not be used for the purchase of a Gift Card, installation or delivery. We will not replace the remaining value on a lost, stolen, or damaged Merchandise Credit Card unless presented with the original receipt of sale. For balance inquires, please click here. All Merchandise Credit Cards will be honored until fully redeemed..
- Promotional or "Store More" CardsUnder certain promotions or events, we may give away Promotional or "Store More" Cards which are redeemable for merchandise at any of The Container Store locations, this Site or by phone at 1-800-733-3532. Promotional or "Store More" Cards may be limited by the dates in which they are active and they may have expiration dates. All such information will be clearly listed on the card. Terms may include (but are not limited to) the following: Cards are non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. These cards are not redeemable for cash and may not be used for the purchase of a Gift Card, installation or delivery. We will not replace the remaining value on a lost, stolen or damaged card. For balance inquires, please click here..
- Donation CardsAcceptance or use of merchandise cards donated by The Container Store constitutes acceptance of terms listed on the back of those cards. Cards may be applied toward the purchase of merchandise only and are not redeemable for cash. Cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
User Comments, Ratings and Feedback
- SubmissionsWe are continually developing more ways for our customers to comment on our Company's philosophies, submit information about our products, individual organizational successes and general feedback about the use of our Site. We are excited to host great discussions through our product Ratings & Reviews, our Customers' real-life tips and our "What We Stand For" blog (collectively referred to as "Forums"). Prior to submitting to these Forums, we ask that you acknowledge and agree to adhere to these Terms and Conditions of Use. Finally, we allow users to make direct comments to our site developers to help improve our Site and your ecommerce experience.
- ModerationAll Site Forums are moderated which means that we reserve the right to review and approve submitted content to help ensure that our Forums are appropriate for everyone. We strive for a balanced dialogue that includes the good, the bad and avoids the ugly. Our approval guidelines do not rest on whether the submission is positive or negative – most often we approve both. Rather, we will reject those submissions when the content is ugly, offensive, denigrating, or out of context.
Through our moderation process, we reserve the right to change, condense or delete any content on the Site that we deem, in our sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use. We do not guarantee that you will have any recourse to edit or delete any content you have submitted.
- Representations, Warranties, and Indemnification
Even though our site is moderated, we do not take responsibility for content submitted by third parties.
By submitting any content, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole and original author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- all content that you post is accurate;
- you are at least 13 years old;
- use of the content you submit does not violate these Terms and Conditions of Use and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other malicious or potentially damaging computer programs or files.
By submitting content, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Container Store from and against all legal actions, including attorney's fees, which may arise from or are related to your submission.
- Ownership of Submitted Content
All information submitted through our Site becomes and shall remain the exclusive property of The Container Store including all rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and intellectual property. By submitting any information, you give us a irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, produce, reproduce, publish, republish, disclose, change, and distribute such information in any way, in any medium, and/or in any form as determined by us, and without compensating you in any way.
- Employee Submissions
We strongly believe that our Forums were created to facilitate discussions, and feedback between our Company and our customers. However, we've always said that we hire our best customers and we recognize that our employees may, from time-to-time, choose to participate. While The Container Store neither expects, nor compensates employees to submit information, we recognize that some employees may submit to this Forum on their own time from a personally owned computer.
When an employee chooses to submit content, that employee also agrees and warrants to avoid submitting content that:
- Contains any product endorsement or rating to maintain compliance with Federal Trade Commission rules;
- Suggests that the employee speaks on the company's behalf unless explicitly authorized in writing by the President of the Company;
- Discloses confidential Company information or another individual's Personal Information; or,
- Fails to meet the standards as set out in our Electronic Workplace Policy found in our Employee Handbook.
- Site Feedback
Separate from the discussion Forums, we value feedback about how our Site is working for you. By clicking on the Feedback symbol on the lower-right-hand side of the page, you will be able to leave specific information about the page you are currently on. We use this information to better tailor our Site to your needs and to minimize frustrations by correcting reported errors. When submitting this form, we strive to fix the problem described. Based on the wide variance of possible browser, computer, network configurations, and on the type and number of submissions, we may not be able to respond to your submission or resolve the reported issue.
- Use of Submitted Material
The Container Store does not support, endorse, sanction, verify, or agree with any information submitted by any third parties to this Site. As such, we disclaim all liability in connection with any information posted by a third-party. Further, we do not warrant any of the functionalities, benefits or uses of those made by customers, or employees when submitted off company time.
Use all such information at your own risk. We reserve the right to remove any submission that is, at our sole discretion, inappropriate or customer-service related. Among these requirements is that all communications must remain professional and not use profanity, copyrighted material, or anything that is disrespectful. To report any abuse, please contact our Customer Solutions Department at 1-800-733-3532, or use the feedback option by clicking on the feedback symbol in the lower-right-hand side of the page.
Use of Web Site
- Personal Use Only
The Content on our Site is solely intended for, and directed to, the personal use of individuals over the age of 13. You are granted limited permission to copy, download, store or print hard copies of our Content only for personal, non-commercial use while shopping at our store or placing an order online or by phone. Any other use of this Site or the Content contained therein, including copying or posting the Content to any network computer; broadcasting or publishing the Content to any other media; framing to our Site; or creating "deep links", deep links are those to our Site's published pages other than our homepage at containerstore.com, is strictly prohibited without our explicit prior written consent. This use is further limited in that you may not modify or alter the Content in any way.
- Contents are Protected
The Container Store reserves the complete title and all intellectual property rights in any "Content" (including but not limited to all text, images, illustrations, graphics, trademarks, video clips, sound clips, page headers, organization, arrangement, selection, coordination and technical coding) on the Site. No right, interest in, or title of any downloaded or printed materials are transferred to you without our explicit written authorization.
Use of our registered trademarks or service marks is prohibited unless expressly authorized in writing by the President of The Container Store.
The Content of our Site is copyrighted by The Container Store as a collective work under U.S. and other applicable copyright laws. Use of any Content, other than what is explicitly allowed for herein, are prohibited unless expressly authorized in writing by the President of The Container Store.
The Container Store respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that we, or any of our visitors' submissions, have infringed your intellectual property, please contact us at: The Container Store Attn: Loss Prevention 500 Freeport Parkway Suite 100 Coppell, TX 75019
External Links and Third Party Content
On occasion, our Site will include a hyperlink to a third party web site. These linked sites are provided as a convenience only and does not mean that The Container Store endorses any of the products or services provided by that third party. The Container Store is not responsible for content linked to, but served from sites other than our Site.
Violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use
If, in our sole discretion, we determine that you have violated these Terms and Conditions of Use or any other guidelines which may be associated with your use of our Site, we may remove your submissions or ratings and terminate or block access to our Site in the future.
By browsing or using any services from this Site, you agree to release and hold harmless "The Container Store" (including its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, respective subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and stakeholders) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with your use of the Site.
Any unresolved disputes relating to your visit, or to products purchased from the Site shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Dallas, Texas. However, if you have violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court. You consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Any arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.